Greenery has been very popular this year, especially tropical greenery! Today, I am highlighting one of the many tropical greens we offer, Monstera Leaves! Monstera comes from the latin word for, “monstrous,” which fits perfectly considering these leaves can get pretty large! Our Monstera comes in a green glossy color and has natural holes throughout its laterals. Its stem length is about 4 to 6 inches, and the leaves are the approximate size of a dinner plate. The print itself has been very trendy. You can find the Monstera print on pillows, nails, cellphone cases, wallpaper and so many other things! It’s especially popular in bridal parties and weddings. Use the Monstera print on your save the dates, wedding invitations or use the actual leaves as a backdrop for your photos. There are seriously a ton of other ways you can add this gorgeous leaf in your wedding! Browse through the photos below to see!
Sources: Colorful floral cake, greenery ceremony backdrop, white and green tropical centerpiece, volkswagen photo booth , tropical bridal bouquet, monstera place setting , monstera cupcakes, Similar greenery backdrop (Original photo from Paper and Lace), tropical champagne bar, pink and white balloons tropical centerpieces, tropical tablescape, decorative sign with monster leaves, monstera watercolor wedding invitation.
To care for this greenery, simply follow the directions below:
- Open your box of greenery and inspect.
- Ensure that your flower buckets are clean and disinfected.
- Fill the buckets with at least 4 inches of fresh, cool water. If you have flower food follow the instructions on the packet to prepare your water.
- Ensure that you have sufficient room in each bucket for the amount of stems you will be storing. Overstuffing may cause damage to stems and leaves.
- Remove greenery from box by cutting any straps.
- Remove any stem bunch packaging material, including plastic sleeve and/or newspaper.
- Cut stems diagonally under running water with sharp scissors to desired length.
- Remove any foliage that lies below the water line to prevent bacteria from entering through the water.
- Immediately after cutting, place the stems in the prepared buckets.
- Allow greenery at least 4 hours to hydrate well. It may take up to 12 hours to properly hydrate.
- Keep greenery away from direct sunlight, drafts or excessive heat.
- Change water every 24 hours to keep greenery fresh. Be sure that your stems have sufficient water. They will drink an exceptional amount of water upon arrival.
If you have any questions please call us at 877-507-6737 or chat with us online. Interested in this tropical trend? Head over to our Tropical Wedding Flowers Pinterest board to explore other tropical flowers!